To our valued customers,
During this difficult time, the safety and well-being of our customers, employees, and their loved ones is our top priority. We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and feel it’s important to inform you of the steps we’re taking to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
Note: The U.S. FDA has stated that there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with the transmission of COVID-19.
Here are the actions we are taking:
· Sonoran Spice closed our physical store and pickup window in Scottsdale, Arizona on February 28th, 2020. Our warehouse is currently only open for deliveries. All employees have been instructed to practice social distancing with delivery drivers and to handle all incoming packages with gloves while wearing masks.
· We are wiping down all high contact surfaces, railings and doorknobs with industrial strength sanitizer. Following good manufacturing practices, our production area and equipment are always cleaned after each shift.
· Hand sanitizer has been made available to all employees.
· When your order is prepared, we are wearing masks and gloves. Since we are dealing with some of the world's hottest peppers, this has always been the case. It would not be possible to package your orders without the use of these Personal Protective Equipment.
· All employees have been told under no circumstance to come to work sick. As a FDA regulated food facility, this has always been our policy.
· All employees that package orders are working on separate shifts.
· When possible, employees are working from home.
· All employees have been told to practice social distancing and wash their hands regularly.
· We recently built an in-house testing lab to test our products for pathogens that have been identified by the FDA as areas of concern in general for peppers. We are using FDA approved testing equipment to process these tests.
· We have a food safety plan in place and have staff that are PCQI certified. (Preventive Controls Qualified Individual) This is a FDA recognized standard.
· As this situation is rapidly changing we will be adapting and enacting any additional safety measures as advised by the CDC and FDA.
We’re in this together, and as the situation evolves, we’ll do our best to continue to serve our customers. We will continue to ship orders and have large inventories available on almost all products. During this time, we will also be rationing some of our high demand spices to ensure there is enough for our regular customers and to help ensure businesses and restaurants can continue operating with minimal disruptions.
Wishing your families all the best.