Carolina Reaper Powder 1 kg (2.2 pounds)
This is the world's hottest pepper.
On the Scoville Heat Scale, the Carolina Reaper pepper has an average Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) rating of 1,641,000 with some individual peppers topping out at an incredible 2,200,000 SHU.
To give you an idea of how hot this pepper is compared to other common peppers. A bell pepper has a SHU of 0 as it has no heat. A common jalapeño has a SHU of around 2,500 - 6,000 SHU. Whereas habanero peppers range anywhere from 100,000 to 350,000 SHU.
Carolina Reaper Peppers are a crossbreed between a ghost pepper and a red habanero pepper. As such, it has a sweet fruity flavor. The heat hits you instantly. Your skin begins to sweat and the intense pain in your mouth is unbearable. Luckily this pain subsides in about 10 minutes.
What do the peppers look like?
Carolina Reaper Peppers are a small to medium sized pepper with a bight red appearance. They commonly feature a tail that resembles the stinger of a wasp. The inside flesh is orange to white in color. The spiciest part of the pepper is in the inside top portion of the peppers especially around the seeds. When trying a fresh Carolina Reaper it is always best to start with the bottom of the pepper near the tail by trying just a small sliver to get a feeling of just how hot the pepper is.
Late February - Late November.
Chile peppers contain a high amount of vitamin C. Almost twice the amount of citrus fruits.
- Insanity Wings
- Mexican Dishes
- In restaurants that want the hottest heat levels, this would be 5 on and 1 - 5 scale.
- Add heat to any meal.
- Commonly used in pepper eating contests and food eating challenges. We host a pepper eating contest at the Arizona Taco Festival each year. Most people are unable to even get to the Carolina Reaper and bow out on Ghost Peppers and Scorpion Peppers.
- Super spicy dips
Why buy the powder over the flakes or whole peppers?
- Dissolves easily making for a more constant heat level throughout the dish.
- Powder is the combination of thousands of Carolina Reaper peppers. The heat level will be the average heat level of those peppers. This allows us to provide you with a more consistent product for use in recipes. While the heat level will vary from crop to crop the variation will be less noticeable compared to purchasing the whole peppers where heat differences between each single pepper will be much greater.
- Cheaper to ship compared to whole peppers. The volume of powder is much less than the volume of whole peppers and flakes.
Why buy from us?
- Premium quality non-smoked Carolina Reaper Powder, you will taste the difference.
- Lightning fast shipping time, we will ship your order in under 2 business days. Most orders ship the same day or the very next business day.
- Pure, no additives.
- Ships in a high quality spice jar with a sealed sifter flip top. This kilogram size bottle has a gripper handle.
- Satisfaction guarantee.