This is the world's hottest pepper!
On the Scoville Heat Scale, the Carolina Reaper pepper has an average Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) rating of 1,641,000 with some individual peppers topping out at an incredible 2,200,000 SHU.
To give you an idea of how hot this pepper is compared to other common peppers. A bell pepper has a SHU of 0 as it has no heat. A common jalapeño has a SHU of around 2,500 - 6,000 SHU. Whereas habanero peppers range anywhere from 100,000 to 350,000 SHU.
Carolina Reaper Peppers are a crossbreed between a ghost pepper and red habanero pepper. As such, it has a sweet fruity flavor. The heat hits you instantly. Your skin begins to sweat and the intense pain in your mouth is unbearable. Luckily this pain subsides in about 10 minutes.
What do the peppers look like?
Carolina Reaper Peppers are a small to medium-sized pepper with a bright red appearance. They commonly feature a tail that resembles the stinger of a wasp. The inside flesh is orange to white in color. The spiciest part of the pepper is in the inside top portion of the peppers, especially around the seeds. When trying a fresh Carolina Reaper it is always best to start with the bottom of the pepper near the tail by trying just a small sliver to get a feeling of just how hot the pepper is.
Late February - Late November.
Chile peppers contain a high amount of vitamin C. Almost twice the amount compared to citrus fruits.
- Insanity Wings
- Mexican Dishes
- In restaurants that want the hottest heat levels, this would be 5 on and 1 - 5 scale.
- Add heat to any meal.
- Commonly used in pepper eating contests and food eating challenges. We host a pepper eating contest at the Arizona Taco Festival each year. Most people are unable to even get to the Carolina Reaper and bow out on Ghost Peppers and Scorpion Peppers.
- Super spicy dips
Why buy the flakes over the powder or whole peppers?
- Adds vibrant color to a dish that is more visible as compared to the powder.
- Works great in pizza and pasta meals.
- Cheaper to ship than whole peppers as there is less volume.
- Less likely to get airborne compared to powder which can cause extreme irritation when cooking and shaking out the powder.
Why buy from us?
- Premium quality oven dried Carolina Reaper flakes, you will taste the difference.
- Lightning-fast shipping time, we will ship your order in under 2 business days. Most orders ship the same day or the very next business day.
- Pure, no additives.
- Ships in a high-quality spice jar with a sealed sifter flip top.
- Satisfaction guarantee.